Having a hassle-free morning is as easy as popping frozen biscuits in an air fryer for a quick and simple breakfast. You won’t believe air fryer frozen biscuits cook in less than 15 minutes, no need to save them for the weekend!
Can you put frozen biscuits in an air fryer?
If you’ve been wondering if you can put frozen biscuits in an air fryer, you’ll be thrilled to learn that yes, you can air fry biscuits from frozen. No need to thaw them first, they can just be cooked from frozen in an air fryer oven or air fryer basket.
Air Fryer Frozen Biscuits
While homemade biscuits are beyond amazing, most of us don’t have time to make ones from scratch on a regular basis (or if ever). Well, other than my sister’s ex-husband’s grandma who made homemade biscuits every single day of her life for 50 years!
When you’re rushed for time but still want to serve golden and fluffy biscuits to mark any occasion as special, cooking frozen biscuits in the air fryer is the way to go! Serve the air fryer biscuits from frozen with butter and jam to serve them on the side, or top them with sausage gravy to serve them as a main dish.
Things don’t get much easier than a one-ingredient frozen biscuits in an air fryer recipe! Just pick your favorite brand of biscuits whether it be Grands, Trader Joe’s, Pillsbury, or Jimmy Dean. They’re all about the same size and should cook about the same air fryer biscuit cooking time.
- frozen air fryer biscuits – we used Trader Joe’s frozen biscuits, any brand will work!
- non-stick cooking spray (if you have an aluminum air fryer oven and not a non-stick basket)
Supplies You’ll Need
- An Air Fryer- We have a Cosori XL basket style air fryer, an Instant Pot Omni Plus oven style air fryer, and a Ninja Foodi air fryer grill. The Cosori air fryer was used in this recipe.
- Non-stick spatula
How to Air Fry Frozen Biscuits
The frozen biscuits air fryer recipe is as simple as preheating your air fryer model whether it be a basket style or air fryer oven, put the air fryer biscuits (frozen) on the tray, and air fry until done!
If you have an air fryer oven you can spray the aluminum cooking tray with non-stick spray, don’t add spray to a non-stick cooking basket.
STEP 1: Preheat the air fryer to 350 F. Place the biscuits in a single layer top side down in the basket, making sure to leave at least 1″ of space in between each biscuit. Do not crowd the air fryer.
How long to put frozen biscuits in air fryer?
STEP 2: The biscuits will take a total of 11-12 minutes of cooking time, cook them for 5-6 minutes and then flip them over to finish cooking.
STEP 3: Take the cooked air fryer biscuits out of the unit and let them cool for at least 2 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Recipe Tips for Frozen Biscuits in Air Fryer
- This recipe is for frozen biscuits, do not defrost the buttermilk biscuits before cooking.
- For best cooking results and to prevent them from burning, make sure to flip the biscuits halfway through the cooking time.
- Don’t overcrowd the air fryer, it’ll keep the air fryer frozen biscuits from properly cooking and browning.
- Air fryer models can vary in cooking time, if this is the first time cooking air fryer frozen biscuits, keep a close eye on them by chance your air fryer cooks hotter than the one we used in the recipe.
Ways to use air fryer frozen biscuits
- Top them with butter and jam for breakfast
- Use them as a base for biscuits and gravy
- As a country style dinner side along with ribs, coleslaw, and baked beans
- Assemble biscuit sandwiches with sausage, eggs, and cheese
- As a dessert by topping them with jam, fruit, and whipped cream
- Biscuit dumplings on top of soups and stews
Frozen Biscuit Air Fryer FAQ’s
Biscuits will last for up to 3 days in an air-tight container. You can also freeze them for up to 3 months.
To reheat leftover biscuits, preheat an air fryer for 5 minutes on 400 F before cooking. Place the biscuits in the air fryer for 1+ minutes until reheated and warm to your liking. Enjoy!
Preheat your air fryer to 400 F for 5 minutes. Air fry the buttermilk biscuits for 11-13 minutes, or until they’re cooked through, fluffy, and golden brown. This air fryer biscuit cooking time and temperature should work for most frozen buttermilk biscuit brands like Grand, Pilsbury, Trader Joe’s, and others.
💌 Be sure to join our air fryer recipes email list! Every week we’ll send you easy air fryer recipes from our Whole Lotta Air Frying site + our Whole Lotta Yum site! If you enjoy our recipe, please leave us a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ review and leave us a comment too!
📌 Pin for Later
Frozen Biscuits (Air Fryer)
- frozen biscuits tube
- If you have an aluminum air fryer basket you can spray the basket with non-stick cooking spray. If it’s already non-stick, skip this step.
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 F.
- Place the biscuits in a single layer top side down in the air fryer basket, making sure to leave at least 1" of space on all sides of the biscuits.
- Cook the biscuits for a total of 11-12 minutes, making sure to flip them over after 5-6 minutes of cooking time to ensure even browning.
- Remove the biscuits and let them sit at least 2 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
© 2023 Whole Lotta Air Frying