Pretend you’re eating out with our TGI Friday’s boneless chicken bites air fryer recipe! Just as good as restaurant quality, yet significantly cheaper.
You’ll love our air fryer frozen boneless chicken wings recipe that comes together in just 15 minutes. The instructions work for other brands of air fryer boneless chicken bites too!
TGIF Boneless Chicken Bites Air Fryer
While air fryer boneless wings aren’t “technically” made from whole chicken wings, most likely your people will like these even better because you get all of the wing’s flavors but with more meat.
The boneless wings air fryer recipe is always a favorite to serve whether you’re watching a game or just making a meal out of appetizers. These easy air fryer boneless wings are the perfect finger food to add some flavor to your event.
It’s insane how expensive boneless wings are at restaurants, save yourself tons of money by cooking the TGIF boneless wings air fryer recipe at home. Some brands come with sauce and others don’t. Buffalo sauce or BBQ are always favorites, don’t forget the side of blue cheese or Ranch dressing and celery stick.
Boneless wings aren’t technically chicken wings at all, so if you’re having a tough time finding them in the store also be on the lookout for frozen chicken bites or they’re sometimes also called boneless chicken wings.
Our favorites are TGI Friday’s boneless chicken bites but you can use any of your favorite brands!
Some brands come pre-sauced like the BBQ flavored Kroger boneless wyngz do, or they’ll come plain like the TGIF brand that’ll instead include sauce in the box you microwave and add at the end. Other popular brands are Tyson Anytizer chicken bites and Foster Farm Boneless Wyngs.
- An Air Fryer- We have a Cosori XL basket style air fryer, an Instant Pot Omni Plus oven style air fryer, and a Ninja Foodi air fryer grill. The Cosori air fryer was used in this recipe.
- Rubber Tip Tongs
How to Cook TGI Friday’s Boneless Chicken Wings in an Air Fryer
This boneless wings air fryer recipe is seriously so simple! Just pop in the air fryer, add sauce and serve. Easy peasy!
Preheat the air fryer to 380 degrees F for 5 minutes. We always preheat before cooking for consistent cooking time and to make sure the food is evenly cooked. If you don’t preheat the unit, the recipe will take longer in the air fryer.
How long to air fry boneless chicken bites?
Place the frozen boneless wings in the air fryer basket or in an air fryer oven. Leave space in between each wing and don’t overcrowd the air fryer.
Cook the air fryer boneless wings for a total of 13-15 minutes, depending on your air fryer and your personal cooking preference. Toss the chicken halfway through cooking after 7-8 minutes for even browning.
Toss with Sauce
If your boneless wings air fryer recipe came pre-sauced you can skip this step! This is just for the frozen packages that can with a separate sauce pack like our TGI Friday’s boneless chicken bites air fryer recipe.
Warm the sauce in a small bowl according to the package instructions, most likely you’ll microwave the sauce until hot.
Place the cooked wings in a medium sized bowl and add the warm sauce packet over the top. Toss the sauce with the air fryer boneless chicken wings.
Serve the boneless wings air fryer recipe immediately with other appetizers or with Ranch dressing, Blue cheese dressing, and celery.
Tips for TGI Friday’s Boneless Wings
- If the wings come pre-sauced, keep a close eye on them during cooking..the sauce burns easily if you accidentally overcook the wings!
- If your air fryer boneless chicken wings didn’t come with sauce at all, toss them with BBQ sauce, honey BBQ sauce, teriyaki sauce, or buffalo sauce like Frank’s.
- Air fryer models can vary, some cook hot and some cook slower. If this is your first time making something like the Tyson boneless chicken bites air fryer recipe, check for doneness 1-2 minutes before the recipe should be done.
- Don’t substitute wings for chicken nuggets, they might have different cook times.
How to reheat boneless wings
Here’s how long to reheat boneless in wings the air fryer:
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F for 5 minutes.
- Arrange the boneless wings in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Heat the wings in the air fryer for 5-7 minutes, flipping the chicken halfway through cooking. The chicken should be heated to an internal temp of 165°F.
Cooking tip- If the wings were originally coated in something like BBQ sauce, just add a small amount of water to the bottom of the air fryer basket. It’ll create steam and prevent the sauce from burning.
Wings are great served with blue cheese, Ranch, celery, carrots on the side. For other appetizers to serve alongside the chicken why not try sweet potato fries, mini corn dogs, potato wedges, or jalapeno poppers.
Boneless chicken wings aren’t actually made from chicken wings. It’s chicken meat pieces covered in a batter sort of like chicken nuggets. What makes them boneless chicken wings is that they’re covered in typical wing sauce whether that be buffalo sauce or BBQ sauce.
To cook Tyson’s boneless chicken bites preheat the air fryer to 380 degrees Fahrenheit and cook them for a total of 13-14+ minutes until they’re cooked through and crispy to your liking. Watch to make sure the sauce doesn’t burn.
TGI Friday’s boneless chicken wings can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days after cooking.
More Air Fryer Chicken Recipes
- Tyson chicken wings in air fryer
- Trader Joe’s Mandarin orange chicken
- Air Fryer Barbecue chicken legs
- Air Fryer Tyson chicken patties
📌 Pin for Later
📌 Be sure to pin the recipe to Pinterest so you can easily find it again! ⬆️
TGI Friday’s Boneless Wings (Air Fryer)
- 15 oz Box of TGI Friday's Frozen Boneless Wings chicken bites
- Preheat the air fryer to 380 F for 5 minutes.
- Place the frozen chicken bites in the air fryer basket in one layer, making sure to space them out in a single layer.
- The air fryer boneless wings will take approx. 13-15 minutes to cook, depending on your air fryer and the desired degree of doneness you prefer. If the wings you bought come pre-sauced, keep an eye on it to make sure they don't burn.
- If your wings come with a separate sauce packet, warm the sauce in a small bowl.
- Put the cooked and heated wings in a medium-sized bowl, add the sauce to taste, and combine together. Serve immediately.
© 2023 Whole Lotta Air Frying