Whether you are using a basket fryer or an oven-style one, you are going to love our frozen coconut shrimp in air fryer recipe! Cooking up in just 8-minutes, this air fryer frozen coconut shrimp recipe is the best way to cook your favorite variety of frozen coconut shrimp and serve your family a dinner that is a WHOLE LOTTA YUM!
Air Fryer Frozen Coconut Shrimp
Being laid up with a foot injury means I am reaching for simple food options and relying on my air fryer a whole lot. Thankfully, everyone in the house loves this frozen coconut shrimp in air fryer recipe!
Ready in just 8-minutes of cook time, Trader Joe’s coconut shrimp air fryer recipe is quick and easy, and simply the best! So grab a box of Seapak, Trader Joe’s, or any brand of frozen coconut shrimp and warm up the air fryer.
Love coconut shrimp? Then we bet you’ll also love our Trader Joe’s air fryer shrimp tempura from frozen too!
Why You’ll Love This!
- Needing just 8-minutes of cook time, our frozen coconut shrimp in air fryer recipe is one of the fastest dinner recipes you will find!
- Oh, and there is no defrosting needed! Simply place your frozen coconut shrimp in your preheated air fryer!
- Our air fryer frozen coconut shrimp recipe works with any brand of frozen coconut shrimp you love including Trader Joe’s and Seapac.
Trader Joe’s Coconut Shrimp Ingredient Notes
It probably won’t come as a surprise to learn that our frozen coconut shrimp in air fryer recipe has just one ingredient – the shrimp!
Of course, you can also include your favorite dipping sauce.
- frozen coconut shrimp
How to Air Fry Trader Joe’s Coconut Shrimp
Not only is the ingredient list super short for air fryer frozen coconut shrimp, but the cooking steps are as well. After a quick preheat, we are going to cook our shrimp pieces from frozen, flipping once, and then serve.
Air Fryer Temperature
To cook air fryer frozen coconut shrimp, first, preheat your air fryer to 400F for 5 minutes.
Many air fryer models have a preheat feature, but if yours does not you can simply turn the unit to 400F and allow it to run for 5 minutes to bring it up to temperature.
How long to cook pre-cooked shrimp in air fryer?
Put the frozen coconut shrimp in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Leave space around the shrimps so that they cook evenly.
Cook the shrimp for a total of 8-10 minutes and flip halfway through cooking.
Check the shrimp for doneness after 8 minutes of total cooking time since all air fryers cook evenly.
Remove the shrimp and serve it immediately with your favorite dipping sauce.
- Do not defrost the shrimp before cooking. Our frozen coconut shrimp in air fryer recipe is designed to cook your frozen shrimp pieces from frozen.
- You will need to give your frozen shrimp pieces room in your air fryer in order to allow the warm air to circulate all the way around.
- Shrimp cooks very fast, do not over cook it since it’ll get tough and rubbery. For best results, keep an eye on your air fryer frozen coconut shrimp during the last 1-2 minutes of cooking.
- Any brand of frozen coconut shrimp will work whether you’re using Trader Joes, Seapak coconut shrimp, or another brand.
- The recipe works for an air fryer basket or air fryer oven.
To make Trader Joe’s coconut shrimp air fryer recipe simply preheat your air fryer to 400F and cook your coconut shrimp from frozen for 8 minutes, flipping halfway through cooking. Do not overcook your shrimp as they will turn tough and rubbery.
If you have leftovers store them in the fridge in an airtight container. To reheat the fried leftover shrimp, preheat your air fryer to 400 F for 5 minutes, add shrimp, and cook for 1-2 in a single layer until heated through. You can also skip the preheat and just add an extra minute or two to the cooking time.
More Air Fryer Seafood Recipes
- Cajun Air Fryer Shrimp (no breading)
- Air Fryer Frozen Shrimp
- Air Fryer Frozen Tempura Shrimp
💌 Be sure to join our air fryer recipes email list! Every week we’ll send you easy air fryer recipes from our Whole Lotta Air Frying site + our Whole Lotta Yum site! If you enjoy our recipe, please leave us a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ review and leave us a comment too!
Frozen Coconut Shrimp (Air Fryer)
- 12 oz frozen coconut shrimp
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 F for 5 minutes.
- Put the frozen coconut shrimp in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Leave space around the shrimps so that they cook evenly.
- Cook the shrimp for a total of 8-10 minutes and flip halfway through cooking. Check the shrimp for doneness after 8 minutes of total cooking time since all air fryers cook evenly.
- Remove the shrimp and serve it immediately with your favorite dipping sauce.
© 2023 Whole Lotta Air Frying