Our air fryer ham steaks with brown sugar butter glaze is just what you are looking for when dinner needs to be quick! Serve your air fried ham steak with pineapple for a no-fuss dinner that is sure to please, country ham slices make an easy dinner in less than 15 minutes.
Ham Steak in Air Fryer
While many save this sweet and tangy ham glaze for a big Easter ham, we love to utilize it all year long by making a simple substitution – ham steak. And when we make our ham steak in air fryer, even with the glaze, it’s always a hit.
Typically served for dinner, air fryer ham steaks can also be presented as a quick lunch when you are looking for something more than a ham sandwich.
We always serve air fried ham steak with pineapple (slices or chunks) with air fryer sides to make this meal quick and easy, and to make clean up a breeze! Our current favorite sides for our ham steak in air fryer with brown sugar glaze are air fryer potatoes and air fryer asparagus. Yum!
If you happen to be in the market for adding additional ham recipes to your air fryer rotation, look no further than our air fryer boneless ham (coming soon!)
What Makes These Country Ham Slices So Good!
- There is no need to warm up the whole kitchen to cook an entire ham when you can simply grab your air fryer and create this amazing air fryer ham steak with brown sugar glaze in just 10-minutes!
- Our brown sugar glaze is simple to make with just 3 ingredients, adding a sweet tanginess that melds perfectly with the salty ham steak.
- This ham steak in air fryer recipe is gluten-free.
- A quick lining of parchment paper will help prevent your brown sugar and mustard glaze from getting all over your air fryer.
Ham Steak Air Fryer Ingredient Notes
Air fryer ham steak with glaze may sound complex but we are going to show you how to turn 4 simple ingredients into an amazing dinner.
- ham steak – bone-in
- butter – melted
- brown sugar
- dijon mustard
** Please see the recipe card at the bottom of the post for the exact quantities **
- An Air Fryer- We have a Cosori XL basket style air fryer, a Ninja Foodi pressure cooker & air fryer combo, an Instant Pot Omni Plus oven style air fryer, an Instant Pot air fryer lid, and a small 3.2L Farberware basket style air fryer. The air fryer oven was used in this recipe.
- Non-stick spatula
How to Air Fry Ham Steak
Now that you have your ingredients, let’s make a quick brown sugar glaze, top the bone-in ham steak, and air fry it!
Preheat the air fryer to 380 F for 5 minutes.
In a small bowl, combine the hot melted butter, brown sugar, and dijon mustard until blended.
Add a sheet of parchment paper to the air fryer to help prevent the sauce from dripping.
Brush one side of the ham steak with half of the glaze and place it face up in the air fryer.
How Long to Cook Country Ham Slices in Air Fryer?
The ham will cook for a total of 10-12 minutes, depending on your air fryer model.
Flip the ham steak over after 5 minutes, brush on the rest of the glaze, and continue cooking for 5-7 minutes until it finishes cooking through to an internal temperature of 145 F.
- To reduce the carb content of your glaze feel free to replace the brown sugar with a low-carb brown sugar substitute.
- Add 1-2 tablespoon honey to the glaze mixture.
- Use maple syrup in place of the brown sugar.
Tips for Air Fryer Country Ham
- Cook the air fry the ham steak to an internal temperature of 145 F, air fryer models can vary so while the recipe and air fryer we used cooked the ham in 10+ minutes, the best way to test for doneness is to use a digital meat thermometer and take it out of the air fryer right at 145 F.
- The uncured ham steak we used is fully cooked, some on the market might be uncooked and will take a longer time to cook.
- The ham steak we used was a 1 lb ham steak, the cooking time could take less time if yours is a smaller size or if you’re using ham pieces.
Ham Steak in Air Fryer FAQ’s
Serving pineapple with your ham steak is a must, but you can also add any variety of potatoes and a green vegetable to create a complete meal in no time.
Store any leftover air fryer ham in the fridge in a covered container for up to 4 days. You can also freeze the leftovers for up to 3 months.
You can cook ham pieces in an air fryer, but it does work best for a small amount of ham. To start, preheat your air fryer for 5 mins at 380 F. Wrap ham pieces in foil and air fry for 5+ minutes until heated through to 145F.
Country ham slices and pork steak are the same cut of pork, the terms and recipes for either can be used for the other. Yes, you can air fry country ham slices. Preheat at air fryer for 5 minutes at 380F. Wrap the country ham slices in foil and air fry them for 5+ minutes until they’re heated through.
More Air Fryer Pork Recipes
Looking for more air fryer pork recipes?
💌 Be sure to join our air fryer recipes email list! Every week we’ll send you easy air fryer recipes from our Whole Lotta Air Frying site + our Whole Lotta Yum site! If you enjoy our recipe, please leave us a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ review and leave us a comment too!
Air Fryer Ham Steak (Country Ham Slices)
- 1 lb ham steak
- 2 tablespoon butter melted
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- Preheat the air fryer at 380 F for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine the hot melted butter, brown sugar, and dijon mustard until blended.
- Add a sheet of parchment paper to the air fryer to help prevent the sauce from dripping. Brush one side of the ham steak with half of the glaze and place it face up in the air fryer.
- The ham will cook for a total of 10-12 minutes, depending on your air fryer model. Flip the ham steak over after 5 minutes, brush on the rest of the glaze and continue cooking for 5-7 minutes until it finishes cooking through to an internal temperature of 145 F.
© 2023 Whole Lotta Air Frying